Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Psalm 119:54

Songs In My Pilgrimage
Ronnie W. Wolfe

I love music. I have been playing piano since I was seven (7) years old. I had a natural ability to learn music, so I learned on my own with a little help from friends along the way and by God's wonderful grace.

My experience as a real pianist began when I was 10 years old. I was asked by Gum Lick Baptist Church to play for their congregational music. I did that for about a year. I did not do it well, but they were merciful and patient.

When I was 17 years old, I left home to go to Lexington, Kentucky, to business college. There I attended Ashland Avenue Baptist Church where I met Bro. Bob Jones and listened to the first Bluegrass Boys Quartet sing. I so enjoyed their music, not realizing that soon I would be accompanying a trio on piano. That was in 1963.

Since that time my experience with this group has been hard, interesting, fun, and educational. A few years after we first began to travel, I began to sing with the group. We have always tried to sing songs that are Scriptural, that bring glory to God.

Thus, the Lord's statutes have been my songs here in this house (my flesh) of my pilgrimage. One day the instrument of piano and voice will be silenced for me, but then I will continue to sing throughout eternity of the great grace with which the Lord called me, saved me, kept me, comforted me, and supplied his word to me from which the sweetest refrains were received. 


No comments: