Friday, August 15, 2014

Psalm 119:57


I Am His And He Is Mine
Ronnie W. Wolfe


A portion is a possession. Not only do we belong to the Lord, but he belongs to us. Thirteen times in the New Testament the words "my Lord" are used. Twelve times the phrase "my God" is used in the N. T. Luke 1:47 speaks of "my Saviour."

Here the psalmist says that God is his portion, his possession. We own him only because he resides in us by the Holy Spirit and through faith in Jesus Christ. Therefore, we are prompted to keep his words.

He does not belong to us as we belong to him. He is our Creator and our Teacher, our Comforter, and so many more things. He is also our Lord; therefore, we are to keep his commandments. Jesus said in John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.  Solomon said in Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man


No comments: